Friday 18 June 2010

Resort 2011.

Erdem

I love.

Givenchy


There was nothing wrong with this collection, which Ricardo Tisci described as a nod to Frida Kahlo. But i just wish Tisci would move on from this very Gothic aesthetic or at least do something more with it. I feel like we have seen this all before.

Roksanda Ilincic


Burberry Prorsum




Alexander Wang




I was sooo impressed with this collection. So much so in fact, im not really sure hows best to describe it. I think it sort of speaks for itself. I have always appreciated what Wang is doing in his collections, despite the fact i doubt id wear anything like it (slightly too urban for me). But its that last word 'urban' that has made this and all of Wang's other collections so successful, particularly in the US. They're easy pieces to wear to achieve and effortless, young, somewhat grungy look. 


(all images via style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment