Tuesday 1 February 2011

The King's Speech





I am a little late blogging about this, as I saw it a few weeks ago, but still, better late than never! 
It is no wonder The Kings Speech is one of the most talked about films of the year, and set to excel at this years Academy Awards, because it is absolutely fantastic. It is beautifully shot, with a wonderful cast to boot. I really do hope Colin Firth gets the Best Actor Oscar, he so deserves it (long overdue if you ask me), and if the past few award ceremonies are anything to go by, he is in with a good chance!
My only hope now, its that Helena Bonham Carter and Geoffrey Rush are awarded for their roles. Even though the odds are against them, with tough contenders in their categories, they are both fabulous in it, and I think its about time Helena Bonham Carter won an Oscar too, don't you think? However, even if she doesn't win, I cannot wait to see what outfit she wears. I love that she has no qualms about wearing whatever she likes on the Red Carpet, with no stylist to assist her. Bring on mismatch shoes, and wondrous Vivienne Westwood dresses galore!


No comments:

Post a Comment